The WA Centre for Rural Health offers priority to students participating in WACRH placement programs in shared accommodation. Accommodating non-WACRH students will be considered when accommodation is available. Rental tariffs vary based on the category of student/resident. This will be outlined at the time of booking enquiry.
Students will be required to agree with WACRH’s Student Placement Accommodation Policy. Students are also required to ensure their personal belongings are stored safely: WACRH will not accept liability for theft or damage of personal items.
Geraldton - Abrolhos Court 6 Milford Street
Mt Magnet - 3 Laurie St, Mt Magnet
Geraldton(Milford): Units (2 storey) - fully equipped shared accommodation. 12 x 2 bedroom units each with 3 king single beds, 1 bathroom, 1 toilet. Communal laundry with coin operated washing machines (3) and dryers (1). No landline telephones. Wireless internet available. Vehicle parking at the rear of units with security lighting. A folder containing the Student Accommodation Handbook 2015, Student Accommodation Policy, maps of Geraldton and Mt Magnet, tourist and entertainment information is placed in each unit.
Mt Magnet: House - fully equipped shared accommodation.6 bedrooms each with a king single bed. 1 bathroom, separate toilet and laundry. ADSL/wireless internet access available. Landline telephone to be used for university contact and emergency calls only.
Students intending to check-in to WACRH accommodation are encouraged to arrive within the hours of 8.30am - 4.30pm (Monday to Friday). If this is not possible, then prior arrangements need to be made with the WACRH Administration Officer (08) 9956 0210 for a suitable time.
• Geraldton – Keys (2) to be collected from the WACRH Administration Officer at 167 Fitzgerald Street, Geraldton between the hours of 8.30am - 4.30pm (Monday to Friday).
• Mt Magnet - Keys (2) to be collected from the WACRH Administration Officer at 167 Fitzgerald Street, Geraldton between the hours of 8.30am - 4.30pm (Monday to Friday).
Keys - Milford Accommodation Complex
You wil be issued a set of two keys:
• One of the keys unlocks front and rear doors
• The other key opens front and rear screen doors and shared laundry
Cleaning is the responsibility of the student and includes:
• Rubbish to be taken out and placed in the green rubbish bins . Bins need to be put on the front verge (Milford St) on Wednesday evening for a Thursday pick up.
• Floors to be swept and washed
• All communal areas to be maintained in a clean and tidy state
• For security reasons, the shared laundry must be kept locked when not in use
Non-WACRH Students are required to pay a weekly rental fee determined by Student type. Damages to the premises or additional cleaning required at check-out are the personal responsibility of the student and charges will be incurred if required. Payments are to be made in cash or cheque where required, since WACRH does not offer EFTPOS facilities.
In Geraldton, students have access to wireless internet from the units.To register for wireless internet students need to complete the appropriate forms available from the WACRH Administration Officer within the hours of 8.30am - 4.30pm (Monday to Friday).
What do you need to bring?
• Personal toiletries.
• Food (including staples such as tea, coffee, milk). Kitchen equipment is supplied but students are
responsible for preparing their own meals.
• Toilet paper, washing powder, bin bags.
• Linen including sheets, towels, doona and pillow.
Food for thought...
Students are encouraged to think about what time they are planning to arrive and what they will need on arrival. For example, if you plan to arrive outside of normal shopping hours what will you need to bring with you to make your first night comfortable. In Geraldton, the closest supermarket to Milford Street is Rigters IGA, Durlacher Street and it is open 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm.
WACRH encourages you to lock all screens and doors when you are inside the unit and away from the building.