As part of our education focus, we provide a variety of learning opportunities for health staff and the community. We work to:
• Implement innovative student placement models that facilitate coordinated placements in the Midwest
• Run a rural multidisciplinary program, providing outreach channels throughout the Midwest and Murchison
• Provide student accommodation and supervision, which facilitate increased placement numbers in rural areas
• Use the latest advanced technologies in the provision of simulated learning and distance education
• Nurture and mentor secondary school students, and increase exposure to health careers
EdSIM will contribute to supporting WA's rural workforces with streaming of high-definition, bandwidth-hungry video sessions and live tutorials to people working outside of Town - all in real-time and at any time of the day, even when the network traffic is at its heaviest.
Whilst the centre is currently under construction, scenario-based simulation training is already underway with the delivery of 'High Risk Foot' workshops in the Pilbara and the Midwest.